Child Safety In The Kitchen
- Put a guard over stove controls if they are within a child's reach. Use the back burners only if possible and keep all pan handles turned to the back of the stove.
- Put safety latches on all cabinet doors. If you have open shelves, move small items and breakables out of them. Be sure that free-standing units are securely fastened to the floor or wall so they will not tip over or fall.
- A switch lock on the garbage disposal will keep fingers and other inappropriate items from being ground up.
- Locks should be put on doors of ovens, dryers, dishwashers, etc.
- Large buckets of water can drown a toddler in minutes.
- Never leave cleaning solutions around where children can spill them or get in them.
AAJ Consumer News Contact
Safety Tips Instructions
For Clients Legal